If you want a website, you need hosting. Our shared hosting service makes it easy to put websites online, as well as to create personalized email accounts, and to manage email discussion and distribution lists.
Other services included (packages A, B and C)
- AlternC web interface for the management of your services (includes file navigation, account access, emails, mailing lists, mySQL databases, phpmyadmin, ftp, cron, piwik)
- Email addresses (options include POP, IMAP, aliases that redirect emails, and webmail);
- Mailing lists using Mailman
- Free and open source analytics with Piwik
- Up to 100 domain names** (plus sub-domains and options for redirections)
- Up to 100 MySQL databases, accessible via phpMyAdmin
- Up to 100 FTP accounts (with access to the desired folders)
- Powered by PHP 5.6
- Servers run Apache on GNU-Linux Debian
Policy on exceeding quotas
Koumbit is proud to offer hosting packages that are flexible and unmetered in terms of disc space and bandwidth. Our shared hosting packages particularly fit for small and medium-sized organizations as well as individuals who want a personal website.
If a client surpasses one of the quotas for three (3) consecutive months during the same yearly billing period, their account will be automatically renewed at the rate of a larger package. This will take place at the time of the renewal of the hosting package (for example, Package B will be billed if the client exceeded the quotas for Package A).
* Quotas on disc space and bandwidth are umetered but are subject to the physical limitations of our network and servers. In the case of excessive use of resources or abuse by an account which might impact services for other users or Koumbit's network, the account will be immediately suspended and services could be terminated without further notice.
** Up to 100 domain names is the number of domain names that can be hosted on one account. The service does not include the registration of domains with a registrar.
We keep backups of your data for five days.
We can restore your data within this period. Data restoration can be selective and partial, and the cost may vary according to the complexity of the site and of the restoration process. A fee of $75 will be billed if the process takes less than 30 minutes; should the data restoration take more than 30 minutes, you will be billed according to our hourly rate of $100/h for a minimum of 1 hour.
NOTE : All prices are in Canadian dollars (CAD).