Following a wealth redistribution logic, our Solidarity Hosting Program offers a shared hosting account (plan A) to groups working in service of social justice and who have financial needs.
To submit your application, please write us a short description of your organization and its needs (use this form or write to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Admissibility is decided by the following:
- Candidates applying for solidarity hosting must be a person, collective, Non-profit or any other group whose main goal is not to sell a product or service
- Candidates must operate in the fields of social justice, promoting values such as technological autonomy, anti-colonialism, anti-racism, intersectional feminism, equity, environmental respect or democratic and communal participation.
Unless otherwise agreed upon, the hosted website and mailing list must display Koumbit's name or logo on each web page or in each sent email's signature.
We ask for the following format:
- Web: Include the text « This website is hosted in solidarity by Koumbit. » in the page's header or footer ;
- Mailing list : Include the text « This list is hosted in solidarity by Koumbit. » ;
- Text must be readable and the name « Koumbit » must point to koumbit.org. If possible, font should be Droid Serif Bold, orange #d34728.
- We ask you to include Koumbit's logo. It is available at the following location.
Evaluation criteria are the following :
- Financial situation, grants, donations, partnerships and sponsors (based on previous year's financial statements or other relevant documentation).
- Activities and values aligned with those of Koumbit.
- The reach of your activities.
How it works
- Candidates may apply anytime.
- Applications may be submitted at any time. We renew Solidarity Hosting decisions in January and July of each year. When your request is approved, you will recieve an email detailing the expiry date of your solidarity hosting, either January 15th or July 15th, whichever is closer to one year from the date of your application.
- Solidarity hosting is valid for a duration of one year after billing date.
- Each solidarity hosting is evaluated once a year. It is your responsibility to renew your request, each year, at least two (2) months before the deadline. Renewal is not guaranteed.