Our Solidarity Hosting Program offers free basic hosting services (either website or mailing list) to organisations promoting social justice in Québec and abroad. Each year Koumbit offers a few hosting plans to groups in need.
To apply for this program, please contact us with a brief description of your organisation and its needs.
- The candidate must be a person, collective, not-for-profit, or other group whose principal aim is not the sale of a product or service
- The candidate must be active in social justice causes (widely interpreted). This could include independent media, activist organisations, educational institutions, and any other organisation promoting fairness, respect of the environment, and civic or community participation.
Criteria of Evaluation
- The financial need of the candidate and its sponsors (based on financial records of the previous fiscal year or other relevant documents)
- Activities and values in accordance with Koumbit's values
- The candidate's scale of activities
How it Works
- Candidates can apply to the program at any time. Koumbit generally offers a few solidarity accounts per year.
Unless otherwise agreed upon the website or mailing list must display a message mentioning the solidarity hosting on each page or in the signature of each email. This message must reference koumbit.org and may also include our logo:
- Sites: "This site is hosted for free by Koumbit." OR
- Mailing lists: "This list is hosted for free by Koumbit."
- The text must be readable, and the name "Koumbit" must be a link to koumbit.org. If possible, the name must be in Droid Serif Bold, orange #d34728.
The solidarity hosting plan will be free for one year after the service start date. If the client would like to renew their free hosting, they must submit their request no less than two months before the expiration date of the service.
- Femmes Africaines, Horizon 2015 fah2015.koumbit.org (2015-2016)
- Harvest Hasting harvesthastings.ca/ (2015-2017)
- Le Bibliothèque DIRA bibliothequedira.wordpress.com/ (2015-2017)
- Le Fils de presse de Montréal filsdepresse.info (2015-2016)
- Comité d'action parents unis contre l'austérité (mailing list) (2015-2016)
- APELL appel.ca (2015-2016)
- Drupal Association Montreal association.drupalcampmontreal.com/ (mailing list) (2015-2016)
- Artéfacts d'un Printemps Québécois Archive printempserable.net (2014-2016)
- Forum social mondial 2016 fsm2016.org/(2014-2015)
- FACIL pour l’appropriation collective de l'informatique libre facil.qc.ca/ (2014-2015)
- Nouveaux Cahiers du Socialisme cahiersdusocialisme.org (2014-2015)
- Association des alternatives en santé mentale de la Montrérégie www.aasmm.com (2014)
- The Media Co-op mediacoop.ca (2012-2014)
- 99% Média 99media,org (2013-2014)
- Le Collectif Artivistic (2013-2014)
- CUTV cutvmontreal.com (2012)
- Revue À bâbord ! www.ababord.org
- Aegir Project community.aegirproject.org
- AfricaWaly afrikawaly.com
- Comité pour les droits humains en Amérique latine (CDHAL) cdhal.org
- CLAC Montréal clac-montreal.net
- CMAQ - Centre des médias alternatifs du Québec cmaq.net/
- Média Réseauforum.org media.reseauforum.org