Website redesign and development of private membership portal
After a redesign of the main website of FNEEQ, the Fédération nationale des enseignantes et des enseignants du Québec, Koumbit's web development team was approached with a request to create a members only space which would allow users to share and discuss documents and other private information pertaining to their union.
The organisation's needs:
- A user friendly forum and document depot protected by a custom login page and accessible only to members
- Multiple permissions levels including site administrators, moderators, and participants separated into different sectors
- Email notifications for forum posts, dependant on both the user's role and sector
- A hierarchical categorisation system for documents and forums, including categorisation by sector and sub-category
- Create a separate WordPress site using the same customized theme as their main site, with integration for the forums and documents
- Implement customized WordPress login page as the landing for the website, with automated redirect to the appropriate sector's home page following login
- Using a combination of BBPress, BBPress Private Groups, BBPress Notify (NoSpam), GD BBPress Attachments, and in-house custom plugins, develop the ability to create multiple forums organised by sector and sub category, as well as multiple dynamic document depots organized by sector and sub-category. These site areas are only accessible to members of the correct permissions level and sector.
- Develope a custom plugin to allow for the creation of hierarchies of sub-categories within which documents could be organized
- Remove access to the administrative dashboard for users who did not need it
- Implement Nav Menu Roles and Widget Context plugins to control which menus and menu items are shown to users on certain pages
- Integrate with BuddyPress to allow the creation of profiles for forum users
Mar: 10h à 12h
Mer: 10h à 12h et 13h à 16h
Jeu: 10h à 12h
Tue: 10am to 12pm
Wed: 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
Thu: 10am to 12pm
Come and See Us!
Montréal (Québec) H2L 3L7, Canada
Veuillez noter que nos bureaux n'ont pas de stationnement attitré.
Montreal, Quebec, H2L 3L7, Canada
Please note that you'll need to find on-street parking.