New website and online store
nOula Solidarity Cooperative is a group of social entrepreneurs from Quebec and the United States who have built a direct, transparent and 100% co-operative supply chain between Haiti and North America. It has been doing business for 15 years with 2,000 families of very small Haitian agricultural producers organized in cooperatives.
The organisation's needs:
- Website redesign
- Support in setting up a new store
- Education of co-op members to encourage their use of the online store
- Refresh the website appearance
- Due to an update of the hosting and core of WordPress, the premium theme and Page Builder that had been installed previously were no longer working.
- In collaboration with nOula, we installed a free, regularly updated, responsive theme, and we adapted the content to the new WordPress content editor.
- We also accompanied and advised the nOula team in the reorganization of its content and its communication with its members through its website.
- Set up a new online store
- In collaboration with nOula, we installed the WooCommerce e-commerce plugin, along with some supplementary plugins to manage the different needs of the cooperative, including the possibility to make recurring purchases with a subscription system, automatic calculation of sales taxes according to the region, application of discounts according to the status of the customer (member or non-member, member with privileged access, etc.), synchronisation with the delivery management tool, etc.
- The implementation of this new store was accompanied by a significant overhaul of its organization (products, categories, labels) and its pricing system.
- Provide coaching, documentation and training
- In order to encourage the autonomy of the cooperative, we created documentation and trained the person responsible for the website in adding and modifying content, both for the website and the store.
- In collaboration with nOula, we prepared a guide (with screenshots) to facilitate the use of the online store by the members of the cooperative.
- We set up two websites: a development and testing version, and a public version, to allow the cooperative to experiment with the content without interfering with the operation of its website.
Mar: 10h à 12h
Mer: 10h à 12h et 13h à 16h
Jeu: 10h à 12h
Tue: 10am to 12pm
Wed: 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
Thu: 10am to 12pm
Come and See Us!
Montréal (Québec) H2L 3L7, Canada
Veuillez noter que nos bureaux n'ont pas de stationnement attitré.
Montreal, Quebec, H2L 3L7, Canada
Please note that you'll need to find on-street parking.