- Create a folder into which the backups will be saved, such as "backups"
- Add an ".htacess" file in that folder to prevent downloads with the following content:
# Deny all requests from Apache 2.4+. <IfModule mod_authz_core.c> Require all denied </IfModule> # Deny all requests from Apache 2.0-2.2. <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c> Deny from all </IfModule> # Turn off all options we don't need. Options -Indexes -ExecCGI -Includes -MultiViews # If we know how to do it safely, disable the PHP engine entirely. <IfModule mod_php5.c> php_flag engine off </IfModule>
- Click on "Databases" in the "MySQL" section of the left hand menu
- Click on the "Backup" button for the database for which you would like to configuration backups. Here's an example:
- Fill out the form and save
We commend to compress the backups with gzip to reduce the disk space required to keep backups.