Development of the satirical webfiction "Proud to have a white friend!"
"Proud to have a white friend!" is a satirical webfiction that reverses social roles! This campaign against stereotypes is an invitation to demystify White people and their strange and exotic culture. Contrary to popular belief, "no, not all Whites are the same! " It was co-written by eight artists from various cultures: Atikamekw, Anishnabe, Haitian, Tunisian, Congolese, Cameroonian and Quebecois.
The story is told through an interactive platform and video vignettes that borrow on the look of a charity campaign. Participants introduce their "White friend" and explain how this encounter has raised their awareness. What if, underneath their skin color, each White person was first and foremost an individual?
The organisation's needs:
- Website creation support
- Develop a pairing and exchange system
- Add structured data and analytical monitoring
- WordPress site setup
- In collaboration with filmmaker Julien Boisvert, the project's creator, we identified a WordPress theme to parody the codes of awareness campaign websites.
- Creation of customized features
- By relying on existing plugins to which we added additional functionalities, we set up the various interactive aspects
- Creation of a system of profiles for characters and a matching mechanism to allow characters to communicate with each other.
- Installation and configuration of an extension to create quizzes with multiple choice questions and explanations.
- Implementation of a submission form to allow participation in a video contest and a voting system to rate the contest entries
- We also helped implement extensions to create structured data to improve the content shared on social networks and visible on search engines.
- Coaching, documentation and training
- As the various interactive features were implemented, we prepared documentation so that the various people involved could be as autonomous as possible in the creation and modification of the content.
Mar: 10h à 12h
Mer: 10h à 12h et 13h à 16h
Jeu: 10h à 12h
Tue: 10am to 12pm
Wed: 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
Thu: 10am to 12pm
Come and See Us!
Montréal (Québec) H2L 3L7, Canada
Veuillez noter que nos bureaux n'ont pas de stationnement attitré.
Montreal, Quebec, H2L 3L7, Canada
Please note that you'll need to find on-street parking.