Development of a new website section for portraits of philanthropy
PhiLab is a Canadian Philanthropy Research Network based in downtown Montreal, on the campus of the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). Since its inception, the Network has been a place for partnership research, information sharing and knowledge mobilization on philanthropy and more specifically on Canadian foundations.
The organisation's needs:
- Creation of a new website section to collect portraits of different people involved in the philanthropy community.
- Implementation of a navigation and sorting interface (to find portraits according to sector, education, etc.) to facilitate navigation in this content
- Adding a form to collect new submissions
- Create a custom content type in WordPress
- Based on the WordPress setup already in place, we created a new type of custom content, categories to classify that content, and custom content fields.
- Subsequently, we implemented a sorting and search system to find philanthropy portraits according to the different categories or via a keyword search.
- Create a submission form
- We set up a bilingual form to collect new portraits. After each submission, the form creates an entry in a database, which can then be retrieved by a Philab staff person to validate the content and add a new portrait to the website.
- Provide accompaniment, documentation and training
- The creation of this new section of the website was the result of a collaborative process between Philab and the web development team of Réseau Koumbit, in order to adapt the philanthropy portraits to the Philab website.
- In order for the Philab team to be autonomous in adding and modifying the content of this new section, we prepared documentation and training on this new type of content.
Mar: 10h à 12h
Mer: 10h à 12h et 13h à 16h
Jeu: 10h à 12h
Tue: 10am to 12pm
Wed: 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
Thu: 10am to 12pm
Come and See Us!
Montréal (Québec) H2L 3L7, Canada
Veuillez noter que nos bureaux n'ont pas de stationnement attitré.
Montreal, Quebec, H2L 3L7, Canada
Please note that you'll need to find on-street parking.