Additional features built with Pressbooks and WordPress
Le Grenier des savoirs gathers open access journals in order to give researchers in Africa, Haiti and all over the world the opportunity to freely and openly share and publicise their research and texts to create a pluriversal science that is both high quality, visible and accessible to all, in a perspective of cognitive justice and of contributing to common good.
Based on the open version of Pressbooks (pressbooks.org), a book publishing tool using WordPress as its backbone, Le Grenier des savoirs reached out to the web development team of Réseau Koumbit to help them integrate additional features and content that would allow them to use Pressbooks for periodicals and articles.
The organisation's needs:
- Implement metadata relevant to open scientific articles (keywords, abstracts, publication type)
- Customise the display (website, PDF export) to display the additional metadata
- Integrate an online form to submit articles
- Add other features to the journals (social media, space for sponsors, etc.)
- Integrate the free version of Advanced Custom Fields (advancedcustomfields.com) to make it easy to add complementary information to the articles
- Integrate additional plugins to display social media content (Twitter feed, Facebook page)
- Install and configure Contact Form 7 and Advanced CF7 DB to implement an article submission form
- Create child themes for Grenier des savoirs and for its journals in order to integrate metadata and additional features
- Create a custom WordPress plugin to add features to the website:
- Display metadata on the website and in the PDF export
- Adjust CSS rules used for PDF export
- Modify menus to automatically include a link to the most recent issue in the header
- Write extensive documentation to empower the Grenier des savoirs' team to use the new website features
Mar: 10h à 12h
Mer: 10h à 12h et 13h à 16h
Jeu: 10h à 12h
Tue: 10am to 12pm
Wed: 10am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm
Thu: 10am to 12pm
Come and See Us!
Montréal (Québec) H2L 3L7, Canada
Veuillez noter que nos bureaux n'ont pas de stationnement attitré.
Montreal, Quebec, H2L 3L7, Canada
Please note that you'll need to find on-street parking.