Major overhaul of the IGDA website
Koumbit undertook and completed a major overhaul of the collaborative website for the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) consisting of 150000 members.
The primary site uses Drupal's OG (Organic Groups) module to organise members into geographical chapters and special interest groups (SIGs). The site takes advantage of social networking techniques that enable members to communicate via the groups, internal mail, or through the definition of relationships with colleagues, friends and partners.
The site includes an online store powered by Übercart.
CiviCRM is used to automate and manage membership, subcriptions and renewals for the 10000 paying members.
A considerable portion of the work consisted of incorporating data from disparate sources, notably:
- converting a number of WordPress and MovableType groups into Drupal groups
- migrating vBulletin forum into Drupal
- migrating data from the custom in-house membership database into CiviCRM
Several modules were also adapted or created to respond to IGDA's specific needs, for example:
- permissions granularity by group, membership type and content type
- configuration for single-login so that members can simultaneously open a session in the main site and in a wiki
- the possibility to manage elections of candidates within each group